This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Suspend Automatic Rating?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Phil Kulak

Suspend Automatic Rating?

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:30 pm
Say I want to a make a playlist. That usually means running through a lot of my songs and playing to first few seconds to refresh my memory and see if they are appropriate for said list. The problem is that this process will trash my ratings of those songs. Is there a way to suspend the automatic ratings until I\'m done building the playlist? Thanks for the great player!
dangle_wtf

Re:Suspend Automatic Rating?

Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:31 am
This feature was recently introduced into amaroK svn -

Code: Select all
dcop amarok collection disableAutoScoring

It temporarily disables auto-scoring for that amarok session.  Look out for it in 1.4, probably ;)

Last edited by dangle_wtf on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Me

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:45 am
Will it be possible to disable the rating-system completely? I really don\'t feel any need to be told by my player what kind of music i like.
Phil Kulak

Re: Suspend Automatic Rating?

Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:54 pm
I've got 1.4b3 installed. Is there some way for me to make use of that or will I have to wait for a later version?
dangle_wtf

Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:48 pm
either check out a later svn of amarok, or wait for 1.4 final

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Preyer

Tue May 02, 2006 11:08 am
Adding on to this request, it is possible to only update the ratings when I skip a song. It is annoying that the rating is updated when the sony is stopped, new playlist opened or the program closed down. I feel that when you skip is when you don't like it.
Shakes

Fri May 05, 2006 4:57 am
Me wrote:Will it be possible to disable the rating-system completely? I really don\'t feel any need to be told by my player what kind of music i like.

Yes, in 1.4 you can use automatic ratings, user given scores (stars), both, or neither.