This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Media Transfer Protocol

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
technojunkie

Media Transfer Protocol

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:12 pm
I know it has been asked once but I wanted to bring it up again. If it is at all possible to add MTP support it would go a long way toward letting other music players sync with amaroK.

Most of the \"plays for sure\" branded **** is MTP and a guarantee that it won\'t work in anything but windows. (at least until we finsih figuring out MTP anyway.

On the upside though amaroK ROCKS, I wouldn\'t use another player for my music.
Jeremiah Summers
Registered Member
OS

Re: Media Transfer Protocol

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:19 am
There's a Library Called Libmtp http://libmtp.sourceforge.net/ that works with players such as the Zen Microphoto using gnomad2. However if Amarok had this function it would open a world of other players and add better function to linux in general as a Desktop OS. I add to the request for this function or at least some sort of answer as to why it wouldn't be possible or whether it could. Thank You
dangle_wtf

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:50 pm
The creative libnjb devices are supported, and I think it will only be a matter of time before libmtp devices are too. If you have any C++ programming experience, and a device that requires this library, perhaps you might consider mailing the amarok dev mailing list...  amarok  at kde.org

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
estariel
Registered Member

Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:45 pm
If you are interested in MTP support it may also be a good idea to vote for it at bugs.kde.org
Here is the link:

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=128532

You will have to register to start voting.
sebr

Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:54 am
the main problem is that none of the developers have any mtp devices.
dangle_wtf

Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:01 am
None of them have any libnjb devices either ;)

the BEST way to get support is to find someone who has such a device and is willing to write it, or to send a dev one :D

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"