This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: robodj-like script or feature

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
voidzero
Registered Member
Hi all,

I've checked out these forums and I think I haven't read this suggestion anywhere, so I might take the long shot. There's a winamp plugin out there that has a function which would be great to use in Amarok, which is called Robo-DJ. It works with Winamp 2, lacks media library support, and has been a dead project for years now. The author told me he would be happy to share the source code with anyone out there who would like to use it.

The features in it that made me a happy guy were like the name implies, a way to generate, automate and play chosen m3u playlists using ID3tags. It has configurable options for how much an artist, album and track would be played per hour, and adds 'x' songs to the playlist, so that it for example has two songs in the queue, rather than automating an entire playlist with a shuffle feature. This made it a great, great alternative shuffle player, which just did a better job than any shuffle feature I've ever come across. There is a rating feature in it as well, so that you could program it to play this song more often than that song.

Robo-DJ can be found at http://www.burnap.net/RoboDJ/ but since it's a dead project, it could might as well go into amarok, right? Well since I'm new on this forum and don't know the general 'vibe' of this board, I humbly request this feature to whoever likes the idea.
dangle_wtf
Out of interest, have you had a play with smart and dynamic playlists?

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
voidzero
Registered Member
No, can't say that I know what it is..