This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok deleted my music, you call that intuitive?!?!?!?!?!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hds
Registered Member
litb wrote:since a Playlist entry semantically is not assiciated with a file at all - it could be a radio stream too.

well, that could be fun!
delete radio stream: Y/n - and the stream is gone from the internet.  :biggrin:
thenktor
Registered Member
OS
litb wrote:if your argument is that amarok should have that ability to delete a file because it is a "Collemtion Manager" (i aggree with that argument), why not move that item into the context menu of the Collection Manager? That would be far more intuitive, since a Playlist entry semantically is not assiciated with a file at all - it could be a radio stream too. But a Collection entry is always a file if i don't miss something. What do you think about this idea to move "Delete File" from the Playlist context menu to the Collection context menu, and rename "Remove from playlist" into "Remove" ?

I think this is a good idea. I thhink it's bad to have a delete button in the playlist.

rak
Registered Member
well what about to let delete one file but not to delete all selected files ?

i use often use delete but sometimes i realized that o tried to move out selected song by the delete key :)
Diego Torquemada
Registered Member
What about renaming this to "(Physically) Remove File"
eean
KDE Developer
OS

huge **** dialog

Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:03 am
We have a huge **** dialog now that comes up and defaults to sending to the trash. I think thats enough! :)

Amarok Developer
frego
Registered Member
I like being able to delete within Amarok, that way I know my database is getting updated correctly without having to rescan the entire collection again.  But I didn't realize deleting a playlist would delete the songs!  That's scary.  Instead of the usual, "are you sure" confirmation pop-up.  Perhaps a popup with 3 choices is in order:
  • Delete just playlist (default)
  • Delete playlist and files
  • Cancel
oggb4mp3
Registered Member
IIRC, it only deletes the files if the playlist is the folder the files are in, therefore deleting the playlist is actually deleting the folder.  Still, not necessarily great behavior, but not the same as deleting the files from every playlist that is deleted.