This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok dcop calls question

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Myk Robinson

amarok dcop calls question

Thu May 18, 2006 9:28 pm
A while back i asked about exporting a list from Amarok for all the albums contained in the music database, sorted by artist.
Someone here gave me a dcop call command that i could input in the command line and redirect the output to a textfile.

Can someone help me with this command, as i have lost it.

Thanks,
-myk
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Re: amarok dcop calls question

Fri May 19, 2006 8:21 am
You might want to read the according section in the wiki or have a look at kdcop which will also show you the available amarok dcop calls.
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Re: amarok dcop calls question

Fri May 19, 2006 10:26 pm
A "dcop amarok playlist" brings:
void saveM3u(QString path,bool relativePaths)

So, to store your collection, put everything in the playlist, sort it by artist then use:

dcop amarok playlist saveM3u /home/username/list.m3u 0

Code: Select all
alanceil@rivendell:00:23:0:~> dcop amarok playlist saveM3u /home/alanceil/list.m3u 0
alanceil@rivendell:00:23:0:~> head list.m3u
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:216,Inciting Incident
/home/alanceil/mid/mp3/vgmixes/Chrono Symphonic [2005]/Chrono_Symphonic_01_Inciting_Incident.flac
#EXTINF:263,Morning Sunlight
/home/alanceil/mid/mp3/vgmixes/Chrono Symphonic [2005]/Chrono_Symphonic_02_Morning_Sunlight.flac
#EXTINF:280,Blue Skies Over Guardia
/home/alanceil/mid/mp3/vgmixes/Chrono Symphonic [2005]/Chrono_Symphonic_03_Blue_Skies_Over_Guardia.flac
#EXTINF:126,To Lands Unknown
/home/alanceil/mid/mp3/vgmixes/Chrono Symphonic [2005]/Chrono_Symphonic_04_To_Lands_Unknown.flac
#EXTINF:130,Darkness Dueling
alanceil@rivendell:00:23:0:~>

This would be the closest to a direct textfile, however you generate one yourself by using "dcop amarok player artist" and the like, but that's quite inconvenient.
(If you like xml, you can also use "dcop amarok playlist saveCurrentPlaylist")

Last edited by Alanceil on Fri May 19, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.