This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Switching lyrics scripts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
athomas
Registered Member

Switching lyrics scripts

Sun May 28, 2006 8:39 pm
The grouping of lyrics scripts in the script manager was a good idea - it looks much cleaner than it used to. But when I want to change scripts I have to click one button to stop the currently running script, and another to start the new script. If I try to switch without stopping the current script, I get a big messagebox error telling me that I can't run two scripts at once. Sometimes if one lyrics site doesn't have a particular song I want to be able to quickly switch to a different one which may do. So maybe running a new lyrics script should silently stop any running scripts before starting the new one. I'm not sure that users really need to be told that two lyrics scripts can't be run at the same time, but if some feedback is needed perhaps it should be in a status bar message, i.e. 'Lyrics script is now ...'
kkn
Registered Member

Re: Switching lyrics scripts

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:43 am
Hello, I have create a script with this fonction (and others).

Topic in french: http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php?topic=12367.0
imported-Zeltak
Registered Member

Re: Switching lyrics scripts

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:18 am
Hi Guys

Ive been waiting for ages for something like this :) can someone explain (if possible in english :biggrin:) to a relativly new linux user how to set it up? i find it very confusing.

thx

Zeltak