This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What does amarok when quitting?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pollo
Registered Member

What does amarok when quitting?

Tue May 30, 2006 3:24 am
Hi, I'm tryig amarok 1.4 and I'm quite pleased with it. Keep the good work!

Just one question... When I quit amarok it looks like it scans the music collection or something like that. I mean, it does not close inmediately and there is disk actility in the partitions holding my music collection. Why is that?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: What does amarok when quitting?

Tue May 30, 2006 9:29 am
Nope, it doesn't scan the collection, but it does general shut down work. This includes saving the configuration, playlist and other data.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
pollo
Registered Member

Tue May 30, 2006 2:45 pm
OK about shut down work, but the big disk activity is on the partitions where only the music is stored, so it's doing something related with the whole collection. With a big collection it takes some time to shut down and it certainly performs some reading on the partitions where the music is stored. As you said, that should be not necessary.
hds
Registered Member

Tue May 30, 2006 5:51 pm
well, could it be it was scanning as you started, and wasnt finished already?
that would explain it, because the search of your folders was not finished already.
you are able to shut this off, and do it manually.
there is an option like "watch folders", turn it off, and see if problem persists.

OTOH it might also be that you moved new files to your ciollection folder on your hdd. could this be the case?
pollo
Registered Member

Tue May 30, 2006 6:26 pm
hds, I have "watch folders" turned off. I scan the collection manually when I add music to it.