This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disabling "compilations with"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lightoze
Registered Member

Disabling "compilations with"

Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:55 pm
I have lagre music collection, and generally enjoy how amaroK works with it, except one moment.
Some of artists have "No Album" albums, where some their tracks are stored. And when it plays I see in context browser:
Code: Select all
Compilations with Die Krupps
No Album ... 2786 Tracks

Of course, this slows very much displaying and refreshing context browser content. Has anybody else faced with it? How can it be solved?
hds
Registered Member

Re: Disabling "compilations with"

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:35 am
not sure if i understand this correctly.. you mean the ID3 field does not contain an album title?
in this case its up to you to get your ID3 tags fixed. musicbrainz might be a good help.
dangle_wtf

Re: Disabling "compilations with"

Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:54 am
lightoze wrote:I have lagre music collection, and generally enjoy how amaroK works with it, except one moment.
Some of artists have "No Album" albums, where some their tracks are stored. And when it plays I see in context browser:
Code: Select all
Compilations with Die Krupps
No Album ... 2786 Tracks

Of course, this slows very much displaying and refreshing context browser content. Has anybody else faced with it? How can it be solved?

I got around it by grouping by album, then right-clicking on "unknown" and selecting "unmark as compilation"

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"