This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Always submitting tracks to Last.fm?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Arathorn
Registered Member
OS
Hi, I've just started using amaroK and I have a question about the submitting of played tracks to Last.fm. The plugin I have on Windows submits tracks after they've been running half their track time, but amaroK seems to submit them whenever the next track starts. I often skip throught the tracks in my playlist, and this way a lot of tracks I don't listen to get submitted. is there a way to change this behaviour?
Also, when a new track starts playing a little window pops up in the upper left corner of my screen telling me what the new track is, can I tell amaroK where I want that window to show up or disable it?
Aaron Cooper
Registered Member
amarok only submits songs to last.fm that you have listened to half-way through or for 4-minutes - whichever happens first.  That's the standard.

The OSD (pop-up) that you see is totally configurable.  Go to 'Configure amaroK' and then select the OSD "tab".  You can click-drag it to where you want, edit the text that appears, and even disable it if you'd like.

Cheers.