This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Increasing text size of lyrics?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sschack
Registered Member

Increasing text size of lyrics?

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:33 am
Guess this is more a cry for help or a feature request than a bug report, so I put this into "General Discussion"...

I'm working on a laptop, having an old-school monitor to my right showing amaroK (or TV or whatever) so that applications that run in the background, actually don't run in the background anymore but also don't irritate or disturb me while working on my laptop.
So much for the setup...

amaroK, to me, is the greatest piece of software there is - at least when it comes to music tools. :)
However, one thing really bugs me: why on earth isn't it possible to increase the text size of the lyrics amaroK displays? Or am I just too blind to find the right trigger?
Everything else on my KDE Desktop is in 10 or 11pt letters - even the playlist in amaroK and every other little text bit in amaroK is displayed according to the settings made in "kcontrol", the lyrics, however, are displayed in, like, 5 or 6pt letters...

Okay, I am making fun of people wearing glasses from time to time, so it maybe serves me right that I have to press my nose up against the screen in order to be able to read the lyrics... but that can't be it, right? :)

thanks in advance.
athomas
Registered Member

Re: Increasing text size of lyrics?

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:19 pm
I had this problem too. If you're using the default theme then you can simply go to the appearance settings and use a custom font size for the Context tab. If like me you're using another theme such as 'newdanna' then this probably won't work. What I did was open the theme's stylesheet (which will be somewhere like ~/.kde/share/apps/.amarok/themes/newdanna/stylesheet.css), and changed some of the font-size values. In the case of the newdanna theme, adding the line
font-size: 14px;
under the "lyrics_box-body" section worked for me.

Last edited by athomas on Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sschack
Registered Member

Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:34 pm
I hereby officially declare you my hero of the day! :)

Thanks. Should've known that these Themes work with .CSS-Files though...
camico
Registered Member

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:37 pm
Ctrl + Mouse wheel might be easier  :wink:
sschack
Registered Member

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:25 pm
Actually, that is a pretty neat solution... but how do I tell amaroK to save these settings? If I change the size of any text by CTRL+Mouse Wheel and restart amaroK, everything will be back to normal...