This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Truecrypt and Creative zen touch support

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bumblebee
Registered Member
Hi,

I use amarok for a while - and I just love it!  Great thanx to everybody working on it!

I recently started to use the linux version of truecrypt to encrypte my filesystem on which I store my music. 

In amarok its not a problem to use it, when I connect the drive using the "media device" section and connect the partion.  The problem is, that the collection scan doesn't recognize my file stored on it.  It would be nice, if amarok would support that in the future.

Also I just bought a creative zen touch (which is a lot cheaper than the supported ipods) and I would love to use it within amarok.  Its supported in linux by gnomad2 using  the libnjb libary.

Thanks again!

so long,

ms
dangle_wtf
dunno about the encryption stuff, but the beginnings of libnjb device support have been committed to current svn. At this stage you can browse the device, transfer music to the device, and copy music from the device.

Another patch to extend this was recently posted to the dev mailing list but has not yet been committed.

All being well, rudimentary support should be in the 1.4.1 release, sometime soon.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"