This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I Dont Like The New Statistics Thing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
johnsie
Registered Member
I liked it better when it was was in the context browser and I could see what my favourite globa tracks where.

I also dont like it that the context browser chnages when I play a new song.... That should be optional because maybe I want to see what I was looking at before.

Here's what I suggest:
-Having a tab for "currently playing" which you aren't forced to see  if you're in the context browser. This updates when a new song is played (that's ok but if you were looking in another tab it must'nt force you back into the currently playing tab)
-Having a tab with statistics in the context browser which is always visible unless you click onto another tab. Playing a new song wont make this disappear if this is what you want to see

Other than that Amarok is my fravourite media player for Linux and I do love it. Just sort the context issues please :-)

Last edited by johnsie on Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
johnsie wrote:I also dont like it that the context browser chnages when I play a new song.... That should be optional because maybe I want to see what I was looking at before.

It IS optional. Check the settings dialog carefully and you shall find.

johnsie wrote:Other than that Amarok is my fravourite media player for Linux and I do love it. Just sort the context issues please :-)

The GUI is completely revamped in SVN, check out 1.4.1-beta, to be released today.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
DieBagger
Registered Member
i have to say that i also don't like the new placement of the statistic-stuff above the playlist because
- the playlist needs to be as high as possible
- lyric, wikipedia-stuff as well as the statistics also need more height, i end up in scrolling a lot, which i hate

Isn't it possible to make the new layout optional, so i can switch between the perspectives?

Overall I don't think the changes improved the usability of Amarok, sorry.

Besides, Amarok is the best music-player out there, thx for the great work!

DieBagger
PoisoneR
Registered Member
i also dont like the new placement of
"Mysic, lyrics, Artist" tabs. These tabs are now useless, you cant see any information. If you want to see you must hide all your playlist. If you click on "Music" tab for example, the whole right side is empty, and you see big empty space, small playlist part, and smal "music" tab information.

Now my "Music" tab is ever closed, before this placement it was ever opened. But now i dont need that empty space, and i think nobody need it.

I like previous tab "Home", where i can see my top songs, my newest.
The new tools->statistics, i must click 5 time to see it. And if i want to play some favorite song, can't just click in statistcs windows, i have to search it in my playlist. Previus tab "Home" was best feature in amarok, i see my favorite song, i click and the song just start playing. It was simple and cool.

Last edited by PoisoneR on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcel
Registered Member
OS
Guys, please stop this useless discussion. In SVN (and in upcoming 1.4.1) the context browser is back on the left side.
I think we had enough discussions about this design change and when you read the dev blogs, there was a good reason to try it. And hey, why not. So to the devs: Please go on with this, I like the current design pretty much, but I guess there is still room to make a difference and even improve it.