This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

collection search field and pressing enter

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hds
Registered Member
well, if i am in the collection window, and search something (for example: "stone" for stone temple pilots, all albums by that group will show up (if they exist - in my case i had no tracks from them yet).
however, if i press ENTER (people are used to press enter after entering a searchstring) the *complete* collection will be put to my playlist.

i would not call this userfriendly.. i could understand that those tracks that were FOUND would be put to the playlist if i press enter. i could live fine with that. but why is it putting ALL tracks to my playlist?
dangle_wtf
Check bugs.kde.org - I'm pretty sure this has been reported, AND has had some work done on it, so that pressing enter when the field is empty no longer adds entire collection to your playlist. Now pressing enter adds all returned results only.

I'll try your situation and confirm whether that's fixed also.

edit: and it is - if you hit enter on a search that returns no results, nothing is added to your playlist.

Last edited by dangle_wtf on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
hds
Registered Member
err, the search hasnt finished. i enter "stone" and immediatly press enter. all of the colection is put to the playlist.

maybe this is fixed in CVS, dunno.
dangle_wtf
yes, it is - that's why I meant you to check. so that you don't post another bug about it.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
hds
Registered Member
dangle_wtf wrote:yes, it is - that's why I meant you to check. so that you don't post another bug about it.

why would i post "another bug" about it?
no, i was just wondering.. OK if it is fixed in the next 1.4.x release (beta or whatever)
thx!