This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Management? (rant)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
escitalopram
Registered Member

Management? (rant)

Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:26 pm
I'm curious.
When I first tried out amarok, it was at 1.3.something and it was a really great tool.
However, more recently, every update seems to deterior the software.
Im asking myself: How were you able to create such a cool player with this kind of management?
Has there been a change in the mangagement recently or something?

I just write this to you, because I've been quite disappointed with 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 and atm trying to revert to 1.4.0, but it is not possible, because the program crashes and doesn't even bother to deliver some error message. What are you doint there?! This is not windows. We have stdout and stderr around here....... And what is amarokapp -v good for if it just spits out

Qt: 3.3.6
KDE: 3.5.3
amaroK: 1.4.0

?!?

And no, I won't compile a version with debug symbols, just to find out what you are carelessly messing up all the time.

And what devil is riding you to add a new feature in one version and remove it again in the next? Either a feature is ready for stable or it is not.
imported-Komet
Registered Member

Re: Management? (rant)

Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:34 pm
As I remember the database persistant table version was bumped with 1.4.1. So you have to stay in 1.4.1 or start a new database with 1.4.0 (or use your db-backup, that you've made before upgrading to 1.4.1  :wink:)
dangle_wtf

Re: Management? (rant)

Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:55 am
In short, upgrade to 1.4.1 final.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"