This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Questions regarding Last.fm compatibility on Amarok 1.4...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
PRGUY85
Registered Member
Hey there:

I love having Last.fm support on the new Amarok yet I think it feels a bit restricted.  Is there a way I can add more custom streams other than the ones already given by Amarok as defaults or standards?  If there is, then how can I do this? 

Also, it would be great if I could just click on the radio links on Last.fm site and have the streams play directly on Amarok.  Right now, in order to do this I have to use the Last.fm player... Is there a way to click on a radio link on Last.fm and have the stream play on Amarok? 

Thanks
PRGUY85
Registered Member
Is there at least a way to add the Recommended stream instead of having to listen to the Neighbour stream?
dangle_wtf
You can add last.fm streams a number of ways.

1. Add a new radio station with the url of the last.fm stream you want
2. Click any last.fm radio link in your browser (assuming you have a protocol handler set up for lastfm://)
3. send a url to amarok on the command line: amarok
4. Open a stream using the Engage>Play Media... dialogue.

If you're using amarok from svn, you can enter custom streams.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
PRGUY85
Registered Member
Yea I found out how by copying the last.fm link for the desired stream and importing it on Amarok by Add Stream function.  Now Im making my Last.fm favorite streams playlist. IM IN HEAVEEEEN
markey
KDE Developer
OS
PRGUY85 wrote:I love having Last.fm support on the new Amarok yet I think it feels a bit restricted.  Is there a way I can add more custom streams other than the ones already given by Amarok as defaults or standards?  If there is, then how can I do this? 

As always, Amarok SVN is quite a bit ahead of the last release. Development is rapid. In SVN we have've added lots more last.fm features, including Custom Streams, Love Radio and more.

PRGUY85 wrote:Also, it would be great if I could just click on the radio links on Last.fm site and have the streams play directly on Amarok.  Right now, in order to do this I have to use the Last.fm player... Is there a way to click on a radio link on Last.fm and have the stream play on Amarok? 

Of course you can do this. Just set up your browser to connect the last.fm protocol with Amarok. With a decent web browser (Opera) this is easy to do.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
PRGUY85
Registered Member
How can I do this with Firefox?
imported-basquiat
Registered Member
PRGUY85 wrote:How can I do this with Firefox?

1) Type "about:config" in the adress bar of firefox.
2) Right click, choose "New -> String".
3) As preference name, type "network.protocol-handler.app.lastfm".
4) As string value, type in the complete path to Amarok (like "/usr/bin/amarok" or "/usr/kde/3.5/bin/amarok").

That should do it...
PRGUY85
Registered Member
Great, its working now thanks a lot.

Last edited by PRGUY85 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron Cooper
Registered Member
Jens Mayer wrote:
PRGUY85 wrote:How can I do this with Firefox?

1) Type "about:config" in the adress bar of firefox.
2) Right click, choose "New -> String".
3) As preference name, type "network.protocol-handler.app.lastfm".
4) As string value, type in the complete path to Amarok (like "/usr/bin/amarok" or "/usr/kde/3.5/bin/amarok").

That should do it...

Thank you kindly, Jens.  By the way, is that in the Wiki anywhere?