This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 1.4.1 and last.fm

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Atomkind
Registered Member

Amarok 1.4.1 and last.fm

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:35 pm
Hey Freaks!

I´m wondering how to use last.fm´s new feature called: "recommandation radio" with the Amarok!
BTW Amarok is soooooooo cool ;-)
imported-profoX
Registered Member

Re: Amarok 1.4.1 and last.fm

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:54 pm
I think the last.fm thing is still in development. It hasn't got that much functionality yet.
1.4.2 will probably have better last.fm support

By the way, sometimes the last.fm song information doesn't get updated. Is this a known bug?

Sharing data is the first step toward community
mebrelith
Registered Member

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:02 pm
Yeah... sometimes Ive noticed song info gets stuck somehow... but this is rare and otherwise works peachy.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:23 pm
Atomkind wrote:I´m wondering how to use last.fm´s new feature called: "recommandation radio" with the Amarok!

You can play /any/ lastfm stream, simply by clicking on the link on the lastfm website (provided that you have Amarok connected with the lastfm protocol in your browser). Alternatively, just paste the URL into Amarok.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Atomkind
Registered Member

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:33 pm
You can play /any/ lastfm stream, simply by clicking on the link on the lastfm website (provided that you have Amarok connected with the lastfm protocol in your browser). Alternatively, just paste the URL into Amarok.

Yes that might work...I must say that I experience a lot of problems with last.fm since it´s latest update. Amarok crashes very often, after it tries to connect last.fm streams. When amarok doesn´t connect to last.fm, i just crashes :-( without "warning"
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:38 pm
Nah, it does not crash. It just appears frozen, when the lastfm server is slow. Just wait a bit, it can take up to 30 seconds to connect.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Atomkind
Registered Member

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:04 pm
:confused: it´s doesn´t crash?
It does, I am very sure, I´ve seen it with my own eyes!  :eek:
Ok amarok doesn´t crash everytime I use last.fm, but sometimes, especialy when it not able to connect to last.fm! (I guess that I have to insinst on that point :wink:)
But give me a hint how to add this new last.fm feature into Amarok´s "Aktivieren"(Activate??)-Tab.

(Well , I german -please have mercy...my english is(!) not perfect-hope you understand me anyway)

Edit: Dear Mark you are right, amarok is not crashing *well of course not*. I guess I was to impatient...couldn´t wait, until I heard something  :biggrin:

Last edited by Atomkind on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.