This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok + LADSPA plug-ins?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Renan
Registered Member

Amarok + LADSPA plug-ins?

Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:13 am
Hello,

Is there any way of using a LADSPA plug-in with Amarok? (i.e. similar to xmms-ladspa for XMMS). I would like to use this to apply some audio effects to music.

Thanks!
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Amarok + LADSPA plug-ins?

Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:43 am
No, sorry. Amarok does not support this. I'm not very familiar with LADSPA, but maybe they can be loaded independently from Amarok, as post effects?

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
danni
Registered Member

Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:19 pm
Actually there is.... :)
You need a copy of libxine from cvs... This version of libxine has support for a jack backend... The rest can be done with jack based tools
you will need a connection manager such as patchage (reccomended) or the one built into qjackctl
you will also need some sort of ladspa based effects rack... jackrack is the one I can think of off the top of my head.

so anyways you will need to start jack and set amarok to use the jack backend for the xine engine... This will automatically connect jack to your sound card
you want to remove this wiring and route jack to the effects rack and then the effects rack to your soundcards outputs...

If you get this working for you you can start looking at scripting the process. (using jack-connect)...
Its not an elegant solution but it does work...
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:29 am
Yes, I know this is thread necromancy, but boy do I want to thank you for this! (It was the needed push into the right direction)
I managed to get it to run without using jack, though (never warmed up to this program :) ), by rewriting my .asoundrc config file (with the help of google and several howtos) :

- First, install ladspa and your plugins.
- Second, edit your ~/.asoundrc :
(I wanted to enable the bs2b plugin which makes headphone listening much more pleasant)

Code: Select all
pcm.ladspa {
  type ladspa
  slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
  path "/usr/lib/ladspa";
  plugins [
    {
      label tap_bs2b
      input {
        controls [ 3 1 ]
      }
    }
 ]
}

pcm.!default {
 type plug
  slave.pcm "ladspa"
}

Thanks again! :)

Last edited by Alanceil on Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.