This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

old Icons (the light-blue ones)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
donande
Registered Member

old Icons (the light-blue ones)

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:52 am
Hello,

first sorry for my bad, bad english, second thanksf or your great app (I use it since 0.9, now svn-ebuild, and I'm always exited, what you're going to make next=)).

Back to subject: The icons.

Does anybody know if there's a possibility to get the source-files of the old light-blue-icon set? Photoshop, Illustrator, freehand, inkscape, gimp or at least files in higher resolution?

I want to complete the old set.

It's because I loved the old skin. The icons for controling Amarok were fresher and the black ones for the status bar more discreet. All in all amarok seemed smoother.

In my opinion the contrast of the new dark blue ones is too hard. They look very aggressive (the color reminds a little bit the ncurses-surfaces in the shell), and this dark blue appears a little bit misdisplaced in the status-bar. A more discreet icon (like the black old ones) beside the fonts, so I think, would make a  better job.
I mean, Amarok is one of the better looking apps under kde. The buttons of the sidepanel are just great.
All appears very smooth, all but the icons, they're too aggressive.

greetings Andreas
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: old Icons (the light-blue ones)

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:59 am
Our artist is actually working on a new version of the icon theme, with nicer colors. We are aware that the shade of blue doesn't look very nice.

Problem is just, Vadim has very little time these days. If you want to help him, that would be great. Here's his address: Vadim Petrunin

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
donande
Registered Member

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:10 pm
Hello,

free-time is my problem,  too (got some exams this september). That's because I asked for source files.

Do you know, if he's working on a new icon-theme or just making a new color-scheme?

I'll make a brainstorming over this week, perhaps I can attribute a few ideas/icons. Then, I'll contact Vadim.

greetings Andreas
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:33 pm
donande wrote:Do you know, if he's working on a new icon-theme or just making a new color-scheme?

Just new colors.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer