This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Experiance with amarok 1.4.2 beta 1 ,after a few hours of using it

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
DjDarkman
Registered Member
There were probably big changes in amarok 1.4.2 beta 1 ,cause I could feel them ,the whole player GUI is faster ,and runs better with crossfade then 1.4.1.Another thing I managed is make the GUI unstable ,after editing more than 100 id tags ,but maybe that was because I turned on the "Watch folders" in the collection ,but the positive thing was that altogh the gui became incredible unstable (but still usable) ,the music kept on playing ,then I managed to shut down amaroK trough the gui ,the gui dissapeared ,but the music kept on playing for at least 1 minute ,it was strange and all but better than amaroK crashing.

So the conlcusion is ,that amaroK 1.4.2 beta 1 has a better feel than 1.4.1 ,and this thing that if the gui crashes and it doesn`t affect the playback is a wonderfull ,thing because when I listend to music and amaroK is doing something that making it slow ,it doesn`t disturb me.I don`t know what did the dev team do to make the playback a little more independent from the gui ,but it was a good idea ,keep up the good work.