This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audiobook support (m4b)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tisse
Registered Member

Audiobook support (m4b)

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:48 am
Hi,

Thanks for a great media player! One of the reasons why I switched to Linux...

I'm using amarok as the interface to my Ipod and it works great. There is one small thing that I miss though, audiobook support. It is possible to upload m4a files but not m4b files. Coding-wise I don't think there is a difference between the two formats, but when I play m4b files in my Ipod I will be able to make bookmarks and not listen to the same chapter over and over again...

I would really appreciate it if someone could add this feature to Amarok or please tell me how to do it myself.
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer

Re: Audiobook support (m4b)

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:25 am
I never tested it, but Amarok should support copying m4b files to your ipod. Just find them in Amarok's file browser.

What version of Amarok are you using?
tisse
Registered Member

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:39 am
Thanks for the really quick reply!

I think I use 1.41  (not really sure, have to look when I get home).

I will try to upgrade to the latest version when I get home, because I can't find m4b files in the file browser of Amarok (I do find m4a though).
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:43 am
Another possibility is to drag the m4b's to the media device transfer queue from Konqueror.
tisse
Registered Member

Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:10 pm
It worked!

I managed to drag the m4b files from "gnome browser" (don't know what it is called...), great!

I do run version 1.41 and it can't find m4b in the Amarok file browser but that doesn't matter now when I have a solution. I will upgrade first when an upgrade is available for ubuntu.

Thanks again!
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:01 pm
That means you want to upgrade now:
http://www.imbrandon.com/2006/08/23/get ... -released/