This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

lastFM tagging

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ejoftheweb
Registered Member

lastFM tagging

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:38 pm
I'm currently still using 1.4.0, as I'm waiting for 1.4.2 to make it to Debian testing (etch); and I read that 1.4.2 will now play last.fm streams natively, which is good.

However it doesn't seem to support lastFM tagging yet - that is, it's not possible to tag a song while it's being played by amaroK, you have to go to the lastFM website and tag tracks manually.
NB lastFM tags are entirely distinct from ID3tags/vorbis-comment tags and are held on the lastFM site not in the file headers. They are like the tags in Flickr.

Are there any plans to integrate lastFM tags? Has anyone written/is anyone planning to write a script to do this?

As well as submitting tags to lastFM, it would be good to store them locally - e.g in the sql database, and also to get sets of existing tag metadata from lastFM to be held locally.
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re: lastFM tagging

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:03 pm
Having awesome labeling functionality is in our long-termish plans. And we would integrate into last.fm.

Amarok Developer
superstoned
Registered Member

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:27 pm
the current label support is wonderfull - and it can be synced with last.fm using the synctags script. pity the labels on last.fm are so f*cked up even the blacklist function is unable to make it usefull. We need easier ways to clean the labels up, and probably a smart script to do it...
PeterB
Registered Member

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:46 pm
hi there,

i tried the synctag script and it only says "Could not determine URL". I doesnt seem to be the only one with this bug so the script is not a very good solution  :redface:
superstoned
Registered Member

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:08 pm
PeterB wrote:hi there,

i tried the synctag script and it only says "Could not determine URL". I doesnt seem to be the only one with this bug so the script is not a very good solution  :redface:
well, it's sure not perfect, crashes here now and then and took to version 0.9.6 to get it even working here on amarok 1.4.5... but it works now for me. I hope the author can fix it, and btw - it's not that usefull, as I said, the labels on last.fm suck. they have lots of 'i like this' 'beautiful' 'first song' 'gotta check out' etcetera tags :confused:

So you have a lot of cleanup to do  :confused:
hurra
Registered Member

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 am
Hey, i'm the author of the script.

But i really don't know, why it doesn't work for you.

If you're willing to help me, mail me :cool:

I mailed around with 5 people already, but i couldn't track down the problem...

You all make sure, that you do a full collection rescan with 1.4.5.

Thanks

Cu hurra