This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help Setting up Iaudio X5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dfcm2003
Registered Member

Help Setting up Iaudio X5

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:20 pm
Hi all,

Im very new to linux, and newer to amarok, But I like it :-)

I have a IAudio X5 player, Amarok will not auto detect the device, so I am assuming I need to set it up myself. problem is that I dont know how. I have the latest version 1.4.2 on my ubuntu box.

I seen there was a usb script on a kde.org site, that I bookmarked that is used for usb media devices, so I need this?

Is someone would be kind enough to explain the process in detail to me how to set this up, that would be great.

Also I do know that device, is reconized by ubuntu, and is located at  /media/Iaudio

Also I noticed when I do a manual setup on amarok its asking for stuff I have no idea about. I select generic device, and its asking for post commands and pre commands, nods, etc... I have not Idea what I need to put on this.

thanks for your time and help
Daryl
Jarsto
Registered Member
OS

Re: Help Setting up Iaudio X5

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:00 am
If your X5 is like my G3 you shouldn't need the script (I think that was deprecated when generic support was added to Amarok). Just add a "Generic Media Device", set a name of your choice and the right mount point. Then click the configure button next to the new device and add the mount and unmount commands for pre- and post-connect. You should be up and running.

Jarsto

"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
W. Somerset Maugham
dfcm2003
Registered Member

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:04 pm
Thanks for the reply,

But as I stated in the orginal post, Im new to linux, so I dont know what to put in the commands. :-) sorry.

I do know that the Iaudio X5 shows up as  /media/iaudio when its plugged in.

if you could give me an example then I can add it.

Thanks again for your time and help.
Darly
dfcm2003
Registered Member

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:55 am
Ok GOT IT!!!

I got my Iaudio X5 working.

Here is what I did, I know it might be simple for you guys, but Im new to all this, and there my be someone else needing to know how this was done.

Frist find out where your x5 is mounting at, mine was at /media/IAUDIO

Then in the amarok click configure, then media players, then you have do to a add player, Chose Generic player, then name the player any name you want. Then in the location, put what ever yours mount at, I used /media/IAUDIO

Then click the Configure button next to it. in the PRE Connect and Post use these: Pre - mount /media/IAUDIO  ( or what yours is) in the Post unmount /media/IAUDIO ( what your path is). Thats it should work fine.

I know it seems easy, but for a 10 year windows man, I never had to mount or unmount anything. LOL

Amarok thats for a great peice of Software.

Daryl