This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: smarter smart playlists

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
plasmid
Registered Member
I love amarok, but lately, I have been wishing I had some more control over my smart playlists. Specifically, I would like to be able to order the playlist on more than one parameter. Currently, I only see the possibilty to sort on one parameter of your choosing. I think it would be great to be able to create playlists sorted like this:

Order by Artist
then by Album
then by Track

If I am missing some way to automatically create a playlist like this, please let me know. Otherwise, I would like to request that this functionality be added (seems like it wouldn't be overly complicated).

Jason
eean
KDE Developer
OS
When I sorted my collection by artist by clicking on the artist column header thats exactly how it sorted.

Amarok Developer
Vito De Tullio
Registered Member
what if there are 2 (or more) songs by the same Artist? They just are "unordered". But if you want to listen entire albums? Or in cronological order? For example I would like to listen the discographies of my preferred artists ordered by date, but non "mixed" together

By ZeD