This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I made a script for xchat, even though it sucks/is messy

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
token
Registered Member
I've been hacking away at this horrible piece of file for about a year now (obviously not full time, more like a combined 8 hours total), and since I realized I'll never consider it 'done', I might as well toss it at people who want to play with it. I don't consider this a release, nor do I claim it to actually work (it works for me, though). I'm not releasing it as something that would be considered an addition to amarok, instead, I'm releasing it as something people might want to play around with, and maybe they'll make something more usable out of it, someone who'd be willing to make it an actual script instead of a pile of **** code that may or may not work.

Anyways, you can find it at http://osaka.deadfrog.us/amarokochet.txt - There are some snippets in there that I can picture as usable, such as the bitrate namer for ogg files and the color changer, but I don't see it as much more than a toy for people to play with. It works well for me (been using it daily as my np script), but YMMV, and I don't consider this of 'release' quality, which is why I didn't put it on kdewhatever as an addition to amarok.. It sucks, plain and simple.. It might be usable to someone, though.