This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to remove albums from the 'Various Artists' folder and make them STAY out?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Morientes2000
Registered Member
Hi!

I must say I am very impressed with Amarokk and I really love it, but I have one problem. SInce version 1.4.2 when scanning my collection it adds albums to the 'Various Artists' folder under the collection. I really don't want them there since I don't use the album information in the tags, I only use artist and title so its pretty messy when it tries to sort based on album-tag.

Now I know I can remove them by right-clicking on an album and click "Do not show under various artists" but as soon as Amarokk rescans my collection they appear there again!

How can I make them stay away from 'Various Artists'?

Alternatively I would like a way to select more than one album at a time so I can click "Do not show under various artists" for ALL albums at once. If I select all the albums under 'Various Artists' with shift and tries to do that, It doesn't do anything.

Last edited by Morientes2000 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morientes2000
Registered Member
Bump?

I have searched the net a lot for a solution to this problem! Can it be true that there is none?