This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Collection list: Track count

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
manub686
Registered Member

Collection list: Track count

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:07 pm
Hi,

This is a feature request/help request for coding the feature myself. What I want is track count along with the entries in the collection list. Say the collection is grouped by artist on the first level. Then my collection list should look like:

Metallica(157)
Pink Floyd(296)
Led Zeppelin(154)

Optionally, it can be like

Metallica(10/157), where 10 is the number of tracks of Metallica I haven't ever listened to. The same kind of count information can be appended to other levels in the collection grouping. And yet another extension would be to be able to group into count classes. The motivation is that I have some complete collections, and some singles that happened to be in some collections like "Love Songs" or "Rock Hits". I don't want singles to blow up my collection-grouped-by-artist list. And this gets dirtiest with untagged tracks. That makes it real nasty.

Can this information be displayed with 1-2 lines of code? Context menu for an artist does say "Edit information for 157 tracks", so that count is already available.

Thanks alot,

Manu.
dangle_wtf

Re: Collection list: Track count

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:13 am
As per feature request guidelines, you should register on http://bugs.kde.org and submit a bug requesting the feature. Check first, that someone else has not already requested the same one.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"