This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Multiple files for tagging with Musicbrainz

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
emphyrio
Registered Member
Is it possible to select multiple files for tagging using MusicBrainz? I would like to do my whole collection at once, instead of accessing each file one by one. Is this possible?
dangle_wtf
sorry, no - this can't be done with amarok. You could try the musicbrainz tagger (good luck with that). Get it from the musicbrainz homepage.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
rsilvestre
Registered Member
excuse me, but i'd like to understant why it's not possible?
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer
The simple answer is: nobody cared enough to implement it.

Of course, such a feature is not technically impossible.
rsilvestre
Registered Member
Martin Aumueller wrote:The simple answer is: nobody cared enough to implement it.

Of course, such a feature is not technically impossible.

Well, I agree with you but then my question is why nobody has never implemented it? That seem not difficult to implement it, do you can do that? A great part of the problem is resolved yet, and then it seems developers can improve the actual system? I suppose!?
dangle_wtf
Because none of the regular devs cared to do it, and noone else has volunteered. Musicbrainz is a complete pain at the best of times, so I'm not surprised.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
rsilvestre
Registered Member
I'm surpise something so evident is not developed! but if someone help me I can try to build somethink to improve amarok and the have a real engine to complete tags like windows media player do!!!
rsilvestre
Registered Member
Well I have looked the source code and identify The files to modify

First I don't understant clearely the qt code source but it seems not difficult to modified it to put in place a multiple files tagging!
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Easier to just use the musicbrainz app Picard for now. If you did make the modifications we wouldn't accept them, since we are not adding features to the 1.4 branch.

Patches to Amarok 2 are always welcome though.

Amarok Developer