This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

last.fm playlist finished. Huh?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Robertjm
Registered Member
OS

last.fm playlist finished. Huh?

Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:19 pm
Should be a simple question/answer.

I've been playing a custom channel this morning for a couple of hours. All of a sudden it tells me the playlist is finished.

Huh???

I thought last.fm threads would just go on and on. Worst case senerio it would rotate around to the beginning if there was an actual "finish" point.

Am I missing something about last.fm? Shouldn't I be able to add it to my playlist in Amarok and have music laying at any time of the day?

Robert
dangle_wtf

Re: last.fm playlist finished. Huh?

Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:20 pm
it all depends on which type of radio you play, and how much material last.fm has that matches.
as far as I know, it doesn't repeat tracks in the same session, so if you want your station to go on longer, try adding more terms to your custom playlist.
I'm not sure, but I think that if the connection to last.fm drops out for any reason, it will also report 'playlist finished'.

You can probably get more specific info from the last.fm forums. http://www.last.fm/forum/

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
plb
Registered Member

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:13 pm
BMPx 0.30 also has an integrated last.fm player now which looks lovely though I haven't tried it. I'd like a bit more work done on amaroks since I hate the official last.fm player.....

screenshot
http://bmpx.beep-media-player.org/image ... stfm-4.jpg
Robertjm
Registered Member
OS

Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:11 am
BMP = Banshee Music Player??????
mustaqila
Registered Member