This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

FINDING Duplicates as a playlist - How can I?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
josh43
Registered Member
I'm trying desperately to find a way to make a playlist that contains all my duplicates (and the origionals)

What I did to get them:
Ripped my collection, processed them through Musicbrainz tagger - didn't get through all of them by far, and started doing them in batches; a few times the naming scheme got messed up as they were processed (my fault)
Had some hard drive issues, and lost a bunch: Re-rippped and retagged a tonne of it.

So, I have duplicates that have all the correct ID3 tags, but in different bitrates, and different filenames.
Example:
Code: Select all
/music/Tegan and Sara/If It Was You/Tegan and Sara-living room.mp3 [(192kbps)
/music/Tegan and Sara/If It Was You/Tegan and Sara-living room (1).mp3 [(128kbps)
/music/Tegan and Sara/If It Was You/Tegan and Sara - living room.mp3 [(320kbps)
/music/Tegan and Sara/If It Was You/Tegan and Sara - living room.ogg [(300kbps)

I need to go through by track name/album, and compare bitrates, then delete the duplicates and possibly rename the file that's left.
Now, this is typically fine if I go by album, and rip them out manually, but I have over 10,000 tracks, so I need a way to at least view them easily.

What I think is going to be the way to do it is to manually edit a playlist's SQL query using the quick code from: http://www.petefreitag.com/item/169.cfm

Code: Select all
SELECT email,
COUNT(email) AS NumOccurrences
FROM users
GROUP BY email
HAVING ( COUNT(email) > 1 )

Now, the problem with that; I have NO idea how Amarok is pulling it's playlist.. the query that is in there is a monster (to me), and I can't figure out how to make it COUNT, then return all where count >1

Please help!
josh43
Registered Member
One possible solution split off into this thread: http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/t ... 053.0.html (manual SQL query editing)

I am definately open to other ways of doing this