This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Request: Grouping of OST albums (Soundtracks)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hvidgaard
Registered Member
First of all. THANK YOU for this magnificent player - way better than the rest out there :biggrin:

I was wondering if there is any way to make Amarok group certain albums together? I have searced around the net but haven't been able to find anything :(

Right now all my OSTs are named 'OST - album_name(usually movie title)' and grouped under 'Various Artists', but I would much rather like them to be grouped under Soundtrack/OST. Maybe make a menu-entry like the 'Show under Various Artists'.
deloco
Registered Member
Totally agreed! Same goes for audiobooks. I already requested something like this and nobody supported me...

MacBook, 2GHz C2D, 3GB RAMM, 120GB HDD.

Amarok 2.0 Beta from KDE-on-Mac.
marcel
Registered Member
OS
Sounds reasonable. Have you opened a wish in the bug tracking system?
hvidgaard
Registered Member
marcel wrote:Sounds reasonable. Have you opened a wish in the bug tracking system?

I have now :)

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=136263
k11-sogood
Registered Member
Good idea !
hagenisse
Registered Member
Huh?  :confused: Amarok allready supports sorting by genre, so if your collection is tagged correctly, this is allready in..
deloco
Registered Member
Amarok allready supports sorting by genre, so if your collection is tagged correctly, this is allready in.

You didn't get the point... We want Soundtracks/Audiobooks seperated from the Rest of the collection. NOT just in another Genre.

dangle_wtf
how exactly is amarok meant to *know*? It's not a music analyser... it still relies on tags to determine where to show things. So by setting your genre tag to "soundtrack" for example (and this is a default tag that has been around since id3 tags were introduced) you can easily achieve what YOU want to see, without forcing the devs to write something that may well introduce more problems than it fixes.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
deloco
Registered Member
You're right with that, but for me it's not the soundtrack-thingy, I would like to "exclude" my audiobooks from the Musiclibrary... I still want them to show up in amarok, but not in the musiccollection... I wnated something like this for a long time now, and never added my audiobooks to my musiccollection, but with amarok I am at last able to tell someone what I think would be cool in an Audioplayer-Application...
I am very sad to see, that apple are the first who made it possible to have audiobooks in the library but out of the music... The new iTunes has some cool features... I now amarok is not for copying features of other musicapps, but this one is real nice and useful... I know that some poeple don't understand why  I want such a feature, but I    just belive, that audiobooks don't belong in a music-collection... My audiobook-records I keep seperated from my music-records... Same goes for cd's... I want to be able to seperate my audiobook-MP3's from my music-MP3's...

dangle_wtf
Try keeping your audiobooks in a different directory, one that's NOT part of the collection, and using the file browser to play them.

Just don't check the box for that directory in the collection settings - I do this for my "new songs" that haven't been checked yet. If you DO want to add things to the collection, you can then use the "copy (or move) to collection" menu.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
deloco
Registered Member
That'S exatly what I am doing at the moment... I'm just not satisfied with this way...