This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sansa E250

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
babil
Registered Member

Sansa E250

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:53 pm
Hi all,
has anyone succeeded in using the Sansa E series with amarok in MTP mode? Sometimes it works and and I can transer to it, but not always ( I get a PTP: I/O error).  I also copied a playlist but it didn't show up in the playlist menu of sansa , although the songs were copied.
I am using gentoo with 2.6.18 and libmtp 0.0.20. Anyone has any expierence with this player??

cheers
babil
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Re: Sansa E250

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:14 am
I am using a Sansa here, but not in mtp mode. Is there a reason why you are not using msc mode which works great for me?

Last edited by marcel on Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
babil
Registered Member

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:56 pm
Hi,
well the reason is that I want to have playlists  (in an easy and comfortable way) .
Cheers
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:16 pm
The best way is probably to bug the developers of libmtp. However, libmtp seems to be still under heavy development.
For playlists, there are some postings in the e200 forum of http://www.anythingbutipod.com/
babil
Registered Member

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:38 pm
hi all,
okay , when I use Amarok as root , I can read and write anything that I want, so that hast something to do with the UDEV rules. The problem is, taht the playlists are not recognized by sansa.  No luck there, so I am switching back to mass storage mode.
Thanks for the help
cheers
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:39 pm
A classical rights problem. On my debian system, I needed to add myself to a special group to get access (in the case of libgphoto2, and libmtp is based on it, it was the group camera). Maybe there's something similar (or the same?) for libmtp.
mopoke
Registered Member

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:05 am
babil wrote:hi all,
okay , when I use Amarok as root , I can read and write anything that I want, so that hast something to do with the UDEV rules. The problem is, taht the playlists are not recognized by sansa.  No luck there, so I am switching back to mass storage mode.

You need to make sure you are in the correct group as specified by your distro and that you have udev set up. There's some information on the wiki : http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Device:MTP
Playlists are supported for MTP in version 1.4.4.