This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

filesystem mess (please ignore, sorry)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Pavel Jackoff
Registered Member
edit: this post is completely wrong, i am sorry!

hi there,
i recently tried amarok since it's feature list looked quite good, and it is indeed quite a nice program.
but there is one thing that makes me wanna kill someone. after building the collection, amarok had moved around 400 files into a newly created folder named "V/Various Artists" and really **** up my mp3-collection. i now have around 400 files in dozens of subfolders that once had a meaningful place on my filesystem. amarok NEVER gave a damn warning that it might move around files on my harddrive and NO program should do this without at least giving a damn hint!!! thanks to this **** i may now spent a lovely evening to find the correct place for every **** file. thanks a lot!!!  :mad:
this might sound rude, but i am really **** right now!

Last edited by Pavel Jackoff on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer

Re: filesystem mess

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:45 am
The only possibility for Amarok to move around your files is that you chose to 'Organize' your files from the 'manage files' right-click sub-menu (collection view or playlist). And this is very hard to hit accidentally. So I don't see how you might have triggered the file moving without knowing.

What is your suggestion for improving the behaviour?
Pavel Jackoff
Registered Member

Re: filesystem mess

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:51 pm
well, i might really have done this. i can't remember, but i deleted a few files through amarok and maybe i accidentally clicked the wrong menu item and didn't carefully read what came next.  :redface:
i am deeply sorry for my VERY unfriendly, and as it turned out also very undeserved, ranting. i don't thing my curses would have been answered in such a friendly and helpful manner on many projectforums.  i'm really embarrassed. this was basically the first time i posted such a rant and now remember again why i usually don't do this.
thank you very much for your kind answer!