This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Extract Playlists from iPod?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
AusIV
Registered Member

Extract Playlists from iPod?

Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:18 am
Hi, I've been looking to drop windows for linux for about a year, and I think Amarok may be the last piece to the puzzle. I've been playing around with Amarok for part of the afternoon, and I finally figured out how to extract my music library from my iPod. My only problem is that this leaves my music library in a big lump. I know it's sorted by artist and album, but I've spent a lot of time building playlists, smart playlists, and rating all of my music. I could easily reconstruct my smart playlists and ratings if I could just figure out how to move my playlists from my iPod into Amarok.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to keep all of the meta-data as well: last played, playcount, etc. but if I could just get my plain playlists off I'd be quite happy.

Alternatively, if there is any way to export an iTunes library and import it to Amarok, I have a samba share between my Linux box and the laptop I have iTunes on, so getting files from one place to another is not an issue.

Lastly, if none of these things are currently possible, I'd be more than happy to write some scripts if anyone can point me to a good starting place for interfacing with Amarok.
[EDIT]
Nix the last part, I found the DCOP functions page, so if no such thing exists at this point, I know where to start.

Last edited by AusIV on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.