This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Scores vs Ratings... My thoughts on an elegant solution.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
danni
Registered Member
Basically I like to be able to rate my own tracks... However I am only likely to do that to songs that I really like or don't like... This is what I would like to see happen.

Drop the 1-100 score (retain it as a tooltip)  and have all (5 star) ratings automatically generated by default.... The stars would be say green in colour.
If I rate a track manually the star color should change to Yellow and the computer will stop rating this track. (There would be a right click menu item that would say "let the computer rate this track" on tracks that you have manually set. Clicking this menu item would turn the stars back to green and the computer would keep rating them.

Comments?
kraymer
Registered Member
Interesting !
Rather than choosing a different color for User/computer ratings, I'd prefer having the computer 'virtual' rating half-transparent for example. 
danni
Registered Member
Yeah that works for me...
stokedfish
Great idea! The confusion would end!
imported-patpi
Registered Member
danni wrote:Drop the 1-100 score (retain it as a tooltip)  and have all (5 star) ratings automatically generated by default.... The stars would be say green in colour.
If I rate a track manually the star color should change to Yellow and the computer will stop rating this track. (There would be a right click menu item that would say "let the computer rate this track" on tracks that you have manually set. Clicking this menu item would turn the stars back to green and the computer would keep rating them.

Comments?

!! v.good idea!! I would love to see this implemented  in Amarok :biggrin:
nonor
Registered Member
Yeah I agree too ! Good idea !
Aaron Cooper
Registered Member
I love this idea.  If you want to see it in action, check out Windows Media Player - that's how it works now.

Definitely keep the scores in the background though, so we can have album calculations.  I hide the score anyways as I find it affects my listening habits when I can see the score beside the songs.

Cheers!
Hans
Administrator
OS
Better than the current solution. I think.
Why not post it to bugs.kde.org and see what the devs think?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
imported-patpi
Registered Member
hans chen wrote:Better than the current solution. I think.
Why not post it to bugs.kde.org and see what the devs think?

I posted it, pray for devs now :)
http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=138285

PS. Thx Danni for this idea.
djvishnu
Registered Member
Really good idea! I hope this goes through! :)