This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: TaskTray Search

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
XenNetwork
Registered Member

Feature Request: TaskTray Search

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:37 am
have a feature so if you press a button such as Win+S  while amarok is minizied in the tasktray, a search bar comes up. and you can type in your song and press enter and it will play the most likly song, but if there are more then one result it will show the 5 most likly songs in a list that you can click on
gep642
Registered Member
I just realized how useful this could be, even if only accessible from the "Player window."

For example:
Someone has their "Player Window" open, and minimized, but not their main play list. They can bring up the "Player Window" and hit a key combo (F3? J?) and up will pop a prompt much like Winamp's 'J' search, where you type in part of the song title and it searches through the tags and displays all partial/complete matches. This feature could even be given to the detached "Analyzer." (Sometimes I have one or the other "On Top") It would nice not to have to bring up the entire play list not to have to search through songs.

This is actually the only feature I really miss from Winamp.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Feature Request: TaskTray Search

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:11 pm
Katapult
Well, not exactly what you wanted, but there are many reasons for getting Katapult. And the Amarok support works fairly good. Temporary solution?
In Amarok 2, I would also like to see simpler search in collection. And then we'll also have krunner  :biggrin:

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts