This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How do I edit the "album artist" tag?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
niskel
Registered Member

How do I edit the "album artist" tag?

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 am
I am trying to use the file organization feature but I am running into a problem. I have some albums that are almost where the album artist differs from the artist of each individual track or albums that are all by one artist except a song or two or albums that are all by one artist but feature a few other artists. The problem is that Amarok categorizes these albums as "Various Artists" instead of the appropriate artist. In the file organization configuration window, there is an option to use an album artist flag I just cant find out where to set this flag on any of my tracks.
dangle_wtf
heh, this is actually quite a good point - I think you should post a bug report on http://bugs.kde.org about it.

There are two ways I know of to stop sorting albums like that:

1. right-click the album in your collection browser and select "Do not show under Various Artists"

or

2. Edit the tags so that the artist tag for those tracks is the album artist, and add (feat. Artist B) to the end of the track tags. IIRC this is the musicbrainz way of dealing with them.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"