This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Simple Feature Request: Podcast renaming/retagging

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pxc
Registered Member
I've noticed that when Amarok (and other podcast downloading applications) download podcasts, they identify the names of the podcasts through the RSS feeds. They do not, however, rename them or retag them, so they have strange file names like "KPBS_6275333.mp3" and tags "KPBS_6275333." The problem is that unless I'm viewing these podcasts from amarok on the same computer, I have no good way of knowing which they are. It would be a very nice option for amarok to retag and/or rename the podcast files.
GandyUK
Registered Member
I am having the same problem. I can successfully download podcast to computer but when transfered to media player (SE W960i) it is very hard to recognise the correct file.
brent_s
Registered Member
Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

My car stereo cuts off file names after about 12 characters making podcasts with trailing dates almost impossible to distinguish from each other. I'm using Krename in a workaround, is there a script that lets Amarok rename the files, or even edit the ID3 tags of podcasts?