This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ku-dos

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Misterfixit
Registered Member
OS

Ku-dos

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:45 pm
I think I spelled it correctly "Ku-Do"  Anyway.  Iwant to tell you all just how great I think Amarok is as a music system.  I've worked with Linux since RH5 but I have always eschewed music playing and so forth mainly because most of the time the app would be broken or at least _I_ broke it.

So, when I upgraded my personal system (AMD64, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HD's, 3GHz CPU silent fan cooling system, 7.1 surround sound) I was first impressed by Yum and Yumex and how smoothly they worked.  Then I said, let's try this Amarok ...

Well you know that within 15 minutes (d/l time and other minor tinkering) my entire library of 5,000+ music files were loaded, cataloged and ready to play.

I could immediately see the many places where I did not correctly title files (viz, 10 "Black Crowes", 1 "black crows" and 3 "Black Croes" and 1 "Black Crew".  Trivial to fix them up.

In honor of trying out Amarok, I loaded up an entire .ogg folder full of the group Mojo Nixon and the Toad Band.

We rocked.

Thank you to all developers, editors and so forth -- you all know your names -- who have made Amarok a success!

Sincerely,

Dave
:biggrin: