This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Artists with "The" in their name

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gefed
Registered Member

Artists with "The" in their name

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:56 am
So I got my amarok to play .m4a files, and the only thing keeping amarok from being perfect is that it sorts artists with "The" in their name, for example, "The Beastie Boys," in the T's when they should be alphabetically sorted into the B's.  I refuse to believe that this program was designed to now allow me to have it disregard "The" in band titles, so how do I make it work?

-greg
marcel
Registered Member
OS
This works for me.
When sorting, Amarok forgets about the "The" in a band's name.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
Hi,
that works, but it would be correct if f.e. "The Beasty Boys" would be sorted under "Beastie Boys, The", like in the cover manager. So you have "T" under "B", which is confusing.

Greetings

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
gefed
Registered Member
I refuse to go through my library and change every artist name to ", The," there's gotta be an easier way to do this.  If I go to Settings->Configure Amarok, I don't see anything that would let me disregard "The."  Is there any config files that might have a "The" flag in it?

-greg
buldamoosh
Registered Member
Select all of your music in the collection tab and right click on them and select  Manage... Organize XXX Files... There is a selection to Ignore 'The' in
Artists Names....  See if that works.
gefed
Registered Member
I thought at first, that marcel's advice, which was him stating that it worked in his program, would be enough to fix it.  Tragically, this didn't work.  Fortunately, buldamoosh came through for me in the end, and now it sorts perfectly.

Thanks for the help,
greg