This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ID3 Tag Lyric Support

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
plazman30
Registered Member

ID3 Tag Lyric Support

Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:23 pm
Are there any plans to support the ID3 tag for lyrics.  This is the tag that the iPod uses to display lyrics.  It also makes lyrics stay with the file, rather than just in the Amarok database.

Andy
Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen
Registered Member

Re: ID3 Tag Lyric Support

Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:27 pm
Right-click on tag, Edit Track Information, go to Lyrics tab, paste lyrics :) Your wish has been granted! ;)

..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

"A Vast Swimmer Keeps No Pets"
- Seamus Z. Harper, Andromeda 1:14
plazman30
Registered Member

Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:48 pm
Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:Right-click on tag, Edit Track Information, go to Lyrics tab, paste lyrics :) Your wish has been granted! ;)

I thought I tried that and then moved the songs over into iTunes and there were no Lyrics.  I'll have to try again.  It would be nice if Amarok auto tagged for you.

Andy
plazman30
Registered Member

Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:31 am
Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:Right-click on tag, Edit Track Information, go to Lyrics tab, paste lyrics :) Your wish has been granted! ;)

I Just double checked again.  If I add lyrics to a song in Amarok, iTunes can't see it, and if I add it in iTunes, Amarok can't see it.  From what little Goole searches I did, it seems iTunes does use the Lyric tag to store lyrics, so I am thinking Amarok is using it's own database.

Andy
Hans
Administrator
OS

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:54 pm
AFAIK, this has nothing to do with Amarok but Taglib. And again, I'm guessing, but I don't think the current version supports lyrics. That's why Amarok has it's own solution, to store it in the database.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Stifi
Registered Member

Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:27 pm
Maybe the Lyrics ID3 Script can help you:

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=49274