This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feat Rq: Integrate XM Radio

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lingenfr
Registered Member

Feat Rq: Integrate XM Radio

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:22 pm
This link provides a couple of instructions and a link to a script that launches the xm stream and changes channels. IANAP but it seems to me that it would be pretty simple to create a channel changer that calls that script or just a set of buttons. The script is able to execute a query that brings back title, artist, etc. I have XMs java based player working OK except I can't adjust volume or stop the stream without killing the mplayer process. Other than that, pretty good. Kind of like having to stop your car by throwing out an anchor. In order to make me and my xm buddies ecstatic rather than just happy, you would also pull the metadata such that it could be scrobbled. At a minimum, a channel guide would be great, at best, when lauched it would send a string of queries and populate a 'whats playing'. I would be willing to shell out a bit more paypal homage for this feature. I use Amarok everyday as my main player. Coupled with StreamTuner, it is a great combination. Thanks for your hard work.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.