This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cover art in collection browser

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SunMar
Registered Member

Re: Cover art in collection browser

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:01 pm
I'd like to also say that I'd like to be able to disable the cover art features.

The reason primarily is because of the slowed down searching through the collection.

Over here we use Amarok as the music player in a (non-profit student) bar and lately since the upgrade to 1.4.5 I've been getting complaints from several of our bartenders that searching through the collection is slow.
On the other hand I've been anxiously awaiting the 1.4.5 release for the additional radio stream support so I'm not too eager either to downgrade over this.

Like the initial poster I also think it's a great feature to have been added but personally what attracts me to a piece of software and makes me say "that's a really great program" is not just its features or functionality but the ability to customize the features and functionality of the program so that you can tailor it just the way you want it. Lets face it, everyone has a different opinion on what they like and how something should work and even a single person can have different views on how something should work depending on the environment in which the system is placed.

Regards.