This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Firefox-like advance options, "about:config"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Hans
Administrator
OS
Amarok seems to have the policy, simplify, "Options are bad". And yes, too many and unnecessary options are bad.
However, I think options could be good to; everyone has different tastes, and use Amarok in very different ways.

I have thought about adding something like Firefox' "about:config" (write about:config in the adress field). Maybe you could write something in Amarok's filter field, "config:" or something like that. Then the playlist will display some advanced options, e.g. auto switch to Context Browser (boolean).
Also, if you want to filter the options, just write something after "config:", e.g. "config:context".

Well, what do you think? Too confusing? This feature is meant to a little bit more advanced users, who doesn't want to change the source to change a tiny thing.
The first problem I think of is how the playlist columns should be handled.

Please discuss.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
bugmenot
Registered Member
I think many apps would benefit from having a similar interface. Vote +1 from IRC's tedp (using a shared forum login).