This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rescan parts of collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nugator
Registered Member

Rescan parts of collection

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:02 pm
Hi!

Let me first thank you guys a lot for Amarok, the best music player around!

I have a HUGE collection of music on many different machines and I therefore don't like rescanning my complete collection.
My problem is that when I download music from torrents Amarok starts updating my collection and reading incomplete/missing ID3-tags on files that are created but are still empty (since thay haven't been completely downloaded yet).
This creates ugly collection entries for files which after a while have ID3 information.

What I want to do is rescan individual files or folders and not the entire collection.
Is this possible today or should I start writing a hack?  :smilie:

(Could I perhaps use 'amarokcollectionscanner -r /path/to/folder'  or  'amarokcollectionscanner -i /path/to/folder' ?)

Thanks a lot for any help!
/G

Last edited by nugator on Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imported-shiny
Registered Member

Re: Rescan parts of collection

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:26 pm
AFAIK, there's no way in current version of Amarok, however current SVN (and thus in the upcoming 1.4.5 release) have an action called "update collection" which scans collection only for newly added tracks, and works really fast. So now, I disable "track changes" in collection settings dialog, and whenever I'm happy with new songs and their tags, I hit "update", and voila! Songs are being added in a mater of seconds.
So, grab an SVN copy and compile it, or wait for 1.4.5 (it _should_ be available somewhere around Christmas)
dangle_wtf

Re: Rescan parts of collection

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:52 am
Or download torrents into a quarantine folder that's not part of your collection, and organise them yourself when they're complete, using amarok's file browser.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"