This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ipod / Amarok?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SergioS
Registered Member

ipod / Amarok?

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:42 am
Amarok 1.4.4
KDE 3.4.2

How should my ipod be set up? I assume not to automatically synch with Itunes
well here is the my list.
- I copy the mp3s to my ipod and the files show up under the media device browser. they show in the ipod but won't play (nothing happens at all).
- I am told "The file Ž·2 is not writable" when attempting to change any tags in the ipod
- when I look at the file's locations under "Edit Info" the files that I transfered using amarok tell me Ž·2  and the files that were there from Itunes say Ž·2/iPod_Control/Music/F04/YIPG.mp3

When in Itunes all the files transfered from Amarok show up fine and even the ratings. But they will not play at all.
Why would this happen?
I fell so close to finally ditching Itunes....
ultracamp
Registered Member

Re: ipod / Amarok?

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:50 pm
That's a bug in Amarok.

I think the latest release fixed the issue. Not sure yet, I haven't tried it personally.
SergioS
Registered Member

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:43 am
This is the lates release. Haven't tried the CVS, but I don't think I will. thanks though.
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:00 am
It appears that you (or your package system) upgraded libgod from version 0.3.2 or so to 0.4.0 without recompiling Amarok after this. However, Amarok has to be compiled for the version of libgpod that is actually used.
SergioS
Registered Member

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:24 am
Ok I recompiled libgpod 0.4.0 and recompiled Amarok. but it does the same things. also I can't play the files in my ipod from Amarok. It tells me the filetype is incorrect. should I completely remove Amarok and libgpod and then rebuild?