This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Only increase play count when song is played for X seconds

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
monstermunch
Registered Member
I like the play count feature as it lets me see what songs I have listened to a lot which can help me pick out my favourite songs. However, when I'm skipping through my songs trying to find one (such as when I don't know its name) the play count goes up even if I just listen to a few seconds worth. This doesn't really count as listening to the song so I don't like this counting as being played as it makes the play count less accurate. I would like a feature where the play count would only increment if the song is played for some number of seconds (configurable maybe, but I think 10 or 20 seconds would be good for most). Very short songs will have to be treated as a special case though if they are under the seconds limit.

Thanks.
lexs
Registered Member
i agree, maybe base it on the same criteria as last.fm uses?
Aleš Janda
Registered Member
OS
I agree too, because due to this property of Amarok is play count absolute useless :redface:

Ideal for me is when play count is increased after play whole track. I think that this is easy modification but very desirable :wink:
markey
KDE Developer
OS
That's what the Score is for. You can even write your own custom score scripts, did you know that?

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Aleš Janda
Registered Member
OS
Thank you very much, score is that I was look for! :smilie: I never before know what this strange number "score" really means.

However, I think for a lot of people - who don't know about score :wink: - is more useable having better play count. I think that actually number "play count" say nothing.
Aleš Janda
Registered Member
OS
May be good would be enable Score column visible in default. So beginner would see how Score is changed when track is played, skipped etc. Otherwise I think that Score is less used feature because a lot of people don't know this.

I work with comuter 15 years (in graphical mode 10 years) and Score is news for me :wink: But maybe I'm exception :p

So thank you for help and great program :smilie: