This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Updating Collection kills performance

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bagpussnz
Registered Member
Hi,
I just upgraded to 1.4.5 on Ubuntu Edgy. I am using SQLite and watching folders for changes.
I now notice that every 10 or 20 seconds it is updating the collection. When it does so, it takes
significant CPU.
I saw a previous post about this - suggestion was to turn off watching folders - doesn't really seem a
solution - any other ideas?

Cheers,
Ian.
:confused:
Hans
Administrator
OS
Well, let's tackle the problem itself; why is it being updated?
If you for example download files (for example a torrent) to the watched folder(s), you should simply download it elsewhere and move the files when the download is completed.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Psyk
Registered Member
I had the same issue.  It happened when I shut Amarok down abruptly when rebuilding/upgrading my Fedora Core 6 system.
Check the collection_scan files ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok and you'll notice it's probably hung up on a folder/file.  Mine was hung up on a folder which I removed from the collection.  Started a new Rescan Collection on the new folder and it's sorted it self out now!