This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New User Desperate For Help

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cjfthistle
Registered Member

New User Desperate For Help

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:16 pm
I really do apologise if this is the sort of question that infuriates people, but I have tried searching the forums and googling stuff before I posted here.  Please be gentle.

I just installed kubuntu and amarok yesterday and am now having a great deal of difficulty with one thing only.  I need to transfer the music from my ipod onto my computer.  And I don't see how I do that.  I can see the ipod in Amarok, I can move the tracks onto the playlist, but I don't know how to copy the files into a folder on the hard drive.  My ipod is in the FAT 32 format, this is my first week using things like the terminal and commond lines etc. and I am getting really frustrated with myself.

So I beg for assistance.  Can anyone explain in idiot language how to transfer music from the ipod to the hard drive?  Or even angrily point me to a how to?

Thanks
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Re: New User Desperate For Help

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:57 pm
You can just drag and drop them from the playlist to a folder in konqueror for example, this will copy them.
Of course, this is not the only way to do that.
cjfthistle
Registered Member

Re: New User Desperate For Help

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:16 pm
Thank you so much for replying.  You know when you're looking for an answer that is so obvious that you didn't even think of it?

No wonder no-one ever mentions it!

Thanks again - I am leaving it overnight to copy, and when I wake up I'll have a backup of my ipod again!