This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Saving album cover art into folders

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
outsider
Registered Member

Saving album cover art into folders

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:17 am
Is there a way to save the album art (that is downloaded from Amazon with the Cover Manager) to the folder where the mp3s are?
Or even better, embed the cover art right into the mp3?

The reason I ask is because my main music library is managed by slimserver, which pulls it's cover art from image files in the album directory.

I know the image art is saved locally in ~/.kde/share..../albumcovers/large but all the files in there are just long string names of random characters, so that doesn't help me...

Any thoughts?
Hans
Administrator
OS
There is a script that does that (look for copycover (offline) )

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
OoerictoO
Registered Member
i've searched around and can't find it.  but why does amarok store album covers in a non-standard way???
i really like almost every thing else about it.  but it makes it almost as bad as itunes lock-in scheme. 
both itunes and amarok READ the album art from the directories if it's there, so why would it store them differently??

this does me no good when i want to play my music elsewhere and i often do and must.  the cover manager is completely useless to me. 
now i have to rip my music in one app, fetch the album art with another, and play in any number of different places.

am i missing something?  what's the benefit to amarok and more importantly its users?

sorry to dig up an old thread.  i'll make a new one if i don't get any replies. 

oh, and mogger, that script does what exactly?  copies covers out of my amarok albumcovers dir to where they should have been all along?
dangle_wtf
If you searched this forum, you'd find several posts from the devs who tell you why amarok does it the way it does - to comply with amazon conditions of use.

Look for the CopyCover Amarok script on http://kde-apps.org

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
OoerictoO
Registered Member
dangle_wtf wrote:If you searched this forum, you'd find several posts from the devs who tell you why amarok does it the way it does - to comply with amazon conditions of use.

Look for the CopyCover Amarok script on http://kde-apps.org

thanks for the reply.  that's a pretty decent reason... i guess.  but there are numerous other places to grab album artwork from.
and yes, i searched extensively.

i tried copycover, it doesn't work.  i'm not sure where it put the coverart but it's not into the right place. 
using it (offline) with -d switch really shows nothing.  i guess i have to dig in and figure it out. 

for now i guess i only care because of my slimserver not finding some of the artwork.  but itunes, it turns out doesn't read cover.jpg or the like either.  it's really annoying and goes to its own store to get artwork even ifyou tell it not to.  i can't wait to use amarok in windows when i'm stuck there.