This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Getting Amarok to recognize iPod @_@ (Absolute beginner)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Fireblend
Registered Member
Hey! I'm a total beginner, so please bear with me, all I want is to be able to listen to mi iPod while using Ubuntu. So, I downloaded Amarok which seems to be the best application around to do so, also I got gtkpod (got them both from the add/remove... thing).

So, gtkpod works well and detects my iPod, so all seems to work fine. Now, Amarok is asking me to configure my iPod and it asks for a pre-connect and post-diconnect command. What is that supposed to mean? Also, I keep hearing about libgpod or something like that and I just don't know how to install that or if I even need it at all.

So, I'd be really glad if someone could guide me step-by-step or help me somehow to do this, as I just don't know what I'm doing. Isn't there some set of commands I can post on the terminal or something? :p

Also, I realize that I must sound stupid, using all the wrong terms, but this is really different to me; I've been using ubuntu for about a hour now, so you see, I'm new here.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Hans
Administrator
OS
Hi,

Have you read the wiki page? If not, please do so.

Good luck. :smilie:

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Fireblend
Registered Member
I did read the Wiki page before making the thread :)
Anyway, I got it to recognize my iPod (finally). Is there some way I could see the songs' info (Art, etc..) in the left sidebar? Or is this feature only available for those songs on my collection?

Thanks in advance!